The 2018 California Cup
Age Groups for the 2018 CA Cup League for this year will be based on age as of August 1, 2018.
- 18 & Under Boys & Girls
- 16 & Under Boys & Girls
- 14 & Under Boys & Girls
- 12 & Under Boys & Girls
- 10 & Under Coed
Teams must be comprised of mostly athletes from the appropriate age group (i.e. 10 of the 15 players must age 13-14 for 14 & under). Athletes who are older than the age cut off cannot play down (i.e. 15 year old as of August 1, 2018. cannot play 14 & under)
To enter the California Cup league each club will need to make either an on-line payment or you can mail your payment to: California Cup League, 12523 Limonite Ave., #440-304, Mira Loma CA 92880. Teams have the option of paying in two equal payments. 16/18 Girls payments are due by Sept 15th, 2016. To secure your spot we need payment for your remaining team’s entries by December 15, 2017. All balances must be paid in full by January 10, 2018, or we reserve the right not to schedule your teams.
All clubs need to host their share of games, most being a one day event. Hosts that have extraordinary pool costs can apply/negotiate for facility use reimbursement.This will require an original invoice mailed to the league. Officials will be paid by the League. All other cost will be covered by the host unless agreed upon prior to scheduling the facility. Host shall provide all necessary equipment, staff to operate the table, and report results by text or by email to admin@CACup.com. Results will be posted on the web site, so please send them ASAP after games.
- All athletes, coaches and administrators must be registered with USA Water Polo.
- Athletes who have played for a club in the previous year and have transferred to a club who participated in the league during the previous year will have to sit out a 90 Day waiting period which shall begin the day the receiving club notifies the League. It is up to the receiving club who wants to roster the athlete to request eligibility for season. The wait period shall begin upon the league receiving the email informing the league of the transfer. This waiting period will not apply to those athletes whom transfer from non-CA Cup teams
- Teams who play ineligible player will be sanctioned.
- To insure attendance, failure to show or provide adequate notice that you cannot field a team will result in your team being suspended from the next play date. In addition, if you fail to show you will receive 0 points for your forfeit.
- A USAWP verified roster must be at the score table prior to game and or upon request from the league or host.
- USAWP rules will apply except for ties, which will go to shoot out.
- Each club is expected to host games at their facilities with their own staff to manage the desk and report the scores to the league. The league will pay referees, awards, and administration.
- Each team will have two 1 minute time-outs.
- 10 & U Coed will use size 2 balls for competition.
- 12’s size 3, 14 & U Boys, and 14/16/18 & U Girls will use women’s size 4 ball for competition.
- 16/18 & U Boys will use men’s size 5 ball for competition.
- The 10 & U Coed will play 5 min quarters at 25 yards.
- The 12 & U Boys and Girls will play 6 min quarters at 25 yards or meters if possible.
- The 14/16/18 & U Boys and 14/16/18 & U Girls will play 7 min quarters at 25 meters
- Each team will earn 4 points for a win, 3 points for a shoot-out win, 2 points for a shoot-out loss, 1 point for a loss, and 0 points for forfeits.
- FINAL rules will be used for tiebreakers in league standing.
- After each league weekend, scores and standings will be posted on the league website.